The citizens of Alberta must walk out courageously into each and every Alberta community and take the conversation back.
We, the silent majority, must be silent no more.
Here are some ideas of what you can do to make change happen in YOUR community:
1. PCE Toolkit: Know how new laws impact Alberta schools and how to respond
Let’s empower ourselves to take back the conversation - in the media and politics, at our schools and in our communities - by insisting upon deeper conversations, based on the facts instead of shallow rhetoric and false assumptions.
PCE has produced a practical and informative toolkit to equip you with:
- knowledge of the law brought into effect by Bill 10 (Mar 2015) and Bill 24 (Nov 2017)
- how to find and decipher school board policies in your area,
- facts to counter the false assurances and excuses that will come your way, whether from your school, elected representatives, political candidates or in your everyday conversations in the public sphere
Click here or on the picture below to access the Toolkit!
2. Organize a PCE event in your community
Host an event and invite Donna Trimble, PCE Executive Director, or Theresa Ng, PCE Communications Advisor, to do a presentation in-person or via Skype to your community group of 30+ people.
Contact PCE to learn more about scheduling a presentation in your area by emailing Donna Trimble at firstname.lastname@example.org .
3. Spread the word
- SIGN UP to receive valuable e-mail PCE newsletters & alerts
- ENCOURAGE others you know to sign-up on the PCE homepage in order to receive PCE newsletters, alerts and resources directly
- LEARN MORE by exploring the variety of informative print & video resources on our website
- SHARE resources with others (print, text or e-mail links to others)
- JOIN US on Facebook parents4choice and ensure notifications are turned "on" to receive our posts in your newsfeed
- MEET with elected representatives to voice your concerns
- ENGAGE in politics (vote, membership, volunteer)
- HOST a presentation to your own network - email email@example.com for more details
- CONTACT US at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a stack of 15 - 100 printed PCE brochures which we can mail to you and that you can distribute to family, friends, coworkers and neighbors
- DONATE to strengthen our voice and impact