“… through PCE’s work, I have the information and direction I need in order to take action. Your information is clearly communicated and your instructions for how to get involved are easy and manageable… Thank you!!!! Please continue this good work that you do. I am very grateful.”
We at PCE are strengthened by the encouraging words and tireless efforts of so many parents, grandparents and concerned citizens from across Alberta.
As this 2017/18 school year draws to a close, we reflect on the many ways PCE has impacted the education landscape in Alberta:
- represented your voice in the media, including interviews with Global News, NewsTalk 770, CBC, the Rebel, CTV Alberta PrimeTime, LifeSite News, Lighthouse News, Bridge City News, Red FM and the Edmonton Journal
- wrote columns printed in multiple Alberta newspapers to raise public awareness of key concerns
- developed 3 new “Perspectives in Education” videos focused on curriculum development, safety vs. secrets and funding
- joined the Bill 24 Court Challenge to fight for our freedom and families, including writing and submitting a 17 page Affidavit with 25 attached exhibits and spreading awareness of the court action through an online declaration of support
- organized citizens to successfully contribute to policy development resulting in 8 new, strong school choice, family-oriented policies being added to the UCP Policy Declaration, each one ratified with overwhelming support of 74%-96% approval by members at the Convention
- helped you to Vote Wisely in the October school board elections through compiling Trustee Voter Guides of 200+ candidates in 16 school districts
- presented at 20+ events across the province to over 1,400 people
- hosted exhibit booths at the largest homeschooling conference in Alberta and at the United Conservative Party (UCP) Founding Convention
- significantly increased our email distribution list, which now exceeds 10,000 e-mail addresses, increasing PCE’s capacity to mobilize greater numbers of people toward positive education change
From now until 11:59 PM on June 17th Father’s Day, every new monthly donor who signs up for at least $10 per month will have their first monthly amount matched by a special one-time gift from a generous PCE supporter!
That means that if 50 people each sign up to donate $20 per month then this donor will write an additional one-time cheque to PCE matching the amount of $1,000!
This donor has been especially impressed with PCE’s accomplishments this year and wants to encourage more individuals to become monthly donors in order to help strengthen and expand PCE’s reach and influence for the 2018/19 school year.
Click on the “MONTHLY DONATION” button on our donate page in order to qualify for this time-limited matching donation offer!
Existing donors who want to increase their monthly donation by at least $10 per month also qualify for this special offer. Those interested can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and the new total monthly amount they would like to donate so PCE can update our system accordingly.
If you prefer to give a one-time gift of any amount, you can also donate online or write a cheque to Parents for Choice in Education and mail it to PO Box 69032 Bridlewood, Calgary, AB T2Y 4T9.
PCE depends entirely on these voluntary donations to exist and operate and we are deeply appreciative to our one-time and monthly donors, as well as the tireless efforts of our supporters, for contributing to our successful and growing impact!
Family is the foundation of a free society
We continue to do the work we do at PCE because we firmly believe family is the foundation of a free society.
We recognize that the strength of our province is dependant on strong families and that strong families must have autonomy and choice, especially as it relates to the education parents choose for their children. This includes areas related to school choice, equitable funding, parental consent and resources/methodology.
Thank you for the trust you have placed in PCE and thank you for working together with us to advocate for an excellent, choice-driven, education system that recognizes parental authority!